A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Thursday, September 08, 2005

That Darned Rumor-Mill

See Sandor. See Sandor with egg on his face.

It turns out that my post concerning the "To Kill an American" piece was somewhat innaccurate; it was not written by an Australian dentist. Reader Tracy was kind enough to send me links to the correct information: It was written by Peter Ferrara, an associate professor of law at the George Mason University School of Law. He is an American, and his original essay ran on NRO back in 2001.

Here is the snopes article that I somehow missed. Guess I should have done a more complete search ... or maybe I should have never trusted that evil Jim Hake in the first place!

*Shakes fist in Jim Hake's general direction*

Anyway, I admit to my shoddy research on this one; put me in the stocks next to Dan Rather and throw a few tomatoes. I deserve it.

BPCP update later today.


S

|