A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Friday, April 01, 2005

Camping Photos!

Back in February we had our fifth annual cold-weather camping trip to Ginney Springs, FL. The people I take this vacation with I've known for a very long time ... some of them for more than 25 years. When I talk about my friends, these are not the people I mean. The people I met in college and the ones I game with are my firends; the folks in these photos are family.

Here is our camp site. Note the preponderance of pick-ups and SUVs. We hate the Earth!


The Campsite Posted by Hello

By the time we got to high school, this group had three Chris's, a Greg, and a Craig. Thusly we started calling each other by out last names - a habit that continues to this day - or simply by the universally acceptable "Hey, asshole." Here is a picture of Chris T (6'6", 240+ lbs, nicest guy you'll ever meet) and me (5'8", 175 lbs, rapacious smartass). Chris B (5'10", 190 lbs, likes to shoot animals with guns and hang their heads on his wall) is shown between us as an example of a more normally-sized male human.


Chris T, Chris B, and Sandor Posted by Hello

We did a funny face series of photos, but the girls wouldn't participate. Here is a picture of them looking cute instead. Courtney is Ed's wife, Tina is Chris O's girlfriend, Tara is Matt's wife, and Jen is Chris B's fiancee. I figure the lot of us guys must have winning personalities for such lovely women to tolerate our hideous, troll-like appearances.


Courtney, Tina, Tara, and Jen Posted by Hello

Chris B's funny face picture. The safety glasses and trucker cap really sell it.


Funny Face Chris B Posted by Hello

Ed managed to roll his eyes back into his head for his attempt, which deserves a commendation for effort. We usually have to hit him over the head with something heavy to get that effect.


Funny Face Ed Posted by Hello

Matt got his fingers involved. I shudder to think what those grubby little nose-pickers of his had been touching all day. We probably should have given him a tetanus shot.


Funny Face Matt Posted by Hello

A minimal effort from Chris O. He's just not passionate about making funny faces for the camera. I don't know what's wrong with him.


Funny Face Chris O Posted by Hello

And lastly me. I would like to assure all of my younger readers that your Mom is not lying; my face got stuck like this forever. Now hideously disfigured, I must roam the Earth lamenting my foolhardy face-making. Always listen to your Mom!


Funny Face Sandor Posted by Hello

On Monday I'll have a post with some really neat historical photos (which are of a much more serious nature). Have a fun weekend, all, and stay safe.


S

|