A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Eek! I've Got Worms!

Krakatoa got an e-mail from my sandor.atz gmail account that was infected with a virus - the "bagel" worm, to be precise. It's sort of a mystery as to how it happened, because I never opened an e-mail matching the bagel profile (I can't say for sure that I never received one, because I get lots of stuff in my spam bin that gets deleted without my ever seeing it). But I certainly don't open unfamiliar attachments in any case, so the situation really is kinda bizarre.

Anyhoo, if other folks in my address book got a copy of that one from me, please let me know here in the comments ... I'd like to get to the bottom of this. I'm going camping this weekend - our annual cold-weather camping trip to Ginnie Springs in North Florida - but a dogged pursuit of these worm culprits shall ensue early next week.

Have a good weekend all.


S

|