A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Sandor-Come-Lately

During lunch this morning (I usually eat lunch at 11 am) I browsed through the archives of A Small Victory. Everyone knows the blog, and everyone knows who Michelle is. But no one ever told me she was that good.

The woman is a goddamn riot, her writing is superb, and it looks like she’s been doing this longer than anyone except that long-toothed old goat at UT. She even bought her husband action figures – action figures! – for a wedding present, and she knows how to drop a zombie in two seconds flat. How in the world did the wonderfulness of this person escape my attention? I’m sure I’ve read ASV before.

Must have been on an off day. Must have.

Go read everything in the Best of ASV section right away, especially Do Not Pee in the Millennium Falcon (Fine! I don’t know why we even have a Millennium Falcon!) and Obsessive-Compulsive Zombie Disorder. And for those who’d like to know why I’m automatically suspicious of strangers who tell me they were once Army Rangers, read Michelle’s Micah Wright is a Liar collection … remember it’s in blog format so start at the bottom and work your way up.

Why are the good ones always married and living in one of those blue states near the north pole?


S

|