A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Saturday Fun Stuff

Saturday Fun Stuff is back! Yay! With no hurricanes to dodge, visitors to entertain, or hangover to nurse, I have time and energy to provide my most excellent readers with fun and mindless distractions.

First up, which Greek God are you? I, apparently, am Morpheus (funny, I always thought of myself as more Dionysian). The cool graphic that goes with this is too wide for my page, so I just have the link. Sorry.

And next, riddle me these:

When I am filled,
I can point the way;
When I am empty,
Nothing moves me.
I have two skins,
One without and one within.
What am I?

You can have me but cannot hold me;
Gain me and quickly lose me.
If treated with care I can be great,
And if betrayed I will break.
What am I?

My thunder comes before the lightning;
My lightning comes before the clouds;
My rain dries all the land it touches.
What am I?

As always, it is possible to look these up on the 'net but that's not much fun; I encourage everyone to try answering on their own. Leave your answers in the comments, and any that remain unsolved I'll post the solutions to on Tuesday.

Happy weekend, all!


S



|