A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Friday, August 06, 2004

Sandor's Top Ten: CDs

I say "CDs", but a lot of what I list below acually came out on vinyl. It's still hard not to call them "albums" ... as in "Have you heard the new Dave Matthews album? It's pretty good - too bad he's a liberal jackass."

10. Mother Love Bone - Apple

9. Dead Can Dance - Toward the Within

8. Rusted Root - When I Woke

7. Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstacy

6. Liz Phair - Whip Smart

5. The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street

4. Led Zepplin - Led Zepplin IV

3. Social Distortion - Live at the Roxy

2. The Clash - London Calling

1. Led Zepplin - Houses of the Holy

I'm dating myself here, because none of those are less than 5 years old. In fact, only three were recorded within the last 10 years. Oh well ... we are talking about my favorite CDs of all time. If I was to expand the list out to 25 there'd be a lot more recent music on it.

Comments and complaints are welcome.


S

|