A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Saturday Fun Stuff

Happy weekend! I decided to follow rockynogin's example and completely re-image my system to be sure all spyware was gone. Then I installed my usual battery of spyware defenses (updated, of course) and I've decided to use Opera for web surfing. IE will be for blogging only; Blogger doesn't like Opera but other than that it's a great browser. Way more secure than IE.

Anyhoo, here's some fun stuff for Saturday. Are the spots between the squares black or white? Don't look at it too long ... you'll get a headache:


Black Squares Posted by Hello

And three riddles for you; as always, looking them up on the 'net is possible but not much fun. Try to figure them out on your own (only the last is really hard):

This is as light as a feather but no man can hold it for long. What is it?

The beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning to every end, the end to every place. What is it?

Long neck and no hands, hundreds of legs yet I can not stand. Born of forest nest, and against a wall I rest. What am I?


Leave your answers in the comments. Per the usual routine, I'll post the answers on Tuesday.


S

|