A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Saturday Fun Stuff, on Sunday

I'm currently reading the sixth book of Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Earlier in the story - in the third and fourth books - riddling had become very important to some of the characters, so every time I get re-involved in the tale I'm reminded of riddles. Today's fun thing (just one today, sorry) is three riddles ... remember that you can look these up online, but that's cheating (and not very much fun).


No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?

I am weightless, but you can see me. Put me in a bucket, and I'll make it lighter. What am I?

What is it that, after you take away the whole, some still remains?


Leave your answers in the comments section; any that go unsloved I'll post the answers to in a couple days.


S

|