A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Victory Over Spyware

Sorry for the lack of blogging this weekend my friends, but most of my computer time was spent chasing down some very malicious spyware. I came fairly close to taking reader star_thoughts' advice and giving up on IE completely; The Zoo almost ended up being run from Opera.

But in the end my pri ... er, fortitude proved unwilling to submit to the malware goblins quite so easily. This evening I downloaded the newest update from Ad Aware and Sysinternal's Autoruns (thanks to Neil of Whatever the Hell He's Calling His Blog This Week for pointing that one out) and one or both did the trick. Ding dong the spyware's dead.

Tomorrow I'll have an update on the Blogosphere Political Compass Project and some thoughts on the weekend of mayhem in Saudi Arabia.

But for now, I'm off to see the wizard.


S

|