A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Links!

I'm working on my next filthy lie assignment for The Alliance, but in the mean time I wanted to throw a couple excellent links out at you guys. Both come from comments made over at IMAO; Frank's readers have been especially chatty these past couple days (me included) and there has been pith and wit galore.

First up, Frank's brother Joe recommended Christopher Weuve's Thoughts on Starship Troopers for fans of Hienlein's book (or Verhoeven's movie). Weuve gives a fantastic analysis of Starship Troopers, refutes many myths concerning the book, and discusses the differences between the book and the movie. It's simply the definitive work on this particular "book vs. movie" controversy, and I insist that anyone who has an opinion on the subject go read this site in its entirety.

Next comes something most welcome: Conservative_D found a guy who is making a movie called Michael Moore Hates America. His web site describes the film project, has contact information, details their business plan, and provides us with several ways to support the effort. I assure everyone that I'm going to find out if this is on the up and up, and if it is you can bet I'll be buying their merchandise and helping to spread the word. Stay tuned on this one, announcements are sure to follow.

That's all for now ... more verbal abuse of the Evil Glen Reynolds tomorrow. Promise!


S

|