A Menagerie of Outspoken Opinions on Science, World Politics, and Geek Culture

Friday, April 30, 2004

Okay, this is my first real post. Welcome to The Zoo, all none of you.

First of all, why my own blog, you ask? After all those months of hanging out at IMAO and letting Frank J. do all the work, why does sandor now want his own blog?

Just one reason.

I got very, very angry reading the news today. I went to IMAO and started typing out a ferocious rant in the comments about what had made me so angry. And then I realized that I was using IMAO as my personal forum, which is impolite (at best). I knew that Blogger was around and setting up my own blog could be done in just an hour or two, so I finally decided to take the plunge and carve out a small piece of territory in the blogoshpere.

I'm not expecting tons of traffic here, because this is really just a place for me to vent a little bit and bounce ideas of the heads of my friends. But anyone who happens across The Zoo is welcome to read what is here and send me an e-mail about what they think. Civil, thoughful e-mails - whether in agreement with my positions or not - will recieve a civil, thoughtful response. "$#*& you!" type e-mails will recieve no response at all.

Which leads me to my first blogging question: Does anyone know how I can create one of those little "e-mail me" links that automatically opens and addresses a new e-mail? There's nothing obvious in Blogger about it, but I'm sure there has to be a way to do it. Anyone with advice please let me know:

sandor_at_the_zoo_too@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Tomorrow or Sunday I'll post about what made so angry ... angry enough to dive into the shark tank of the blogosphere. Here's a hint:

We will not win the peace by torturing prisoners. Such idiocy will only fan the flames of insurgency and good Soldiers and Marines are going to pay for it with their lives. A grave disservice has been done to the Iraqi people, the American people, and the US Military. Some heads better start rolling. Fast.


S



|